Des is still ranting to Alex, telling him to leave - Alex doesn't realise what is going on. Unseen by Des, Raquel arrives and hears everything. The poker game at No.7 is still going on. Raquel runs to the Rovers, gets Bet out of bed and tells her everything. Meanwhile Alex is getting ready to leave and is calling Tanya names. He and Des start fighting - it continues in the cafe. When Alex leaves Des thinks that it's all okay but Tanya tells him its all over and that he has ruined everything. Des leaves. Very deliberately whilst sitting at her dressing table mirror, Tanya slaps herself hard in the face twice. Bet lets Raquel stay the night and the next day she tells her Tanya is sacked and Des is barred. Alma and Gail arrive at the cafe - Alma goes to see Tanya and tells her she has to leave even though she and Alex have split up. Bet and Raquel go to collect her clothes - Des isn't there. Charlie arrives at the Rovers before Bet can talk to him properly. Tanya arrives - she insists that Bet talk to her. She tells her that she and Alex have finished, that its Des's fault, that he blackmailed her and hit her, showing the bruised cheek she inflicted on herself. Raquel believes it all - Bet still has her doubts.
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Charlie Whelan - John St. Ryan
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Jim's Cafe
- Jim's Cafe flat - Living room/kitchen and bedroom
- TV Times synopsis: The Street is thrown into turmoil as the Raquel-Des-Tanya triangle reaches a violent climax.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,530,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 8th January 2020 contained several edits to the showdown scene in Jim's Cafe between Des Barnes, Alex Christie and Tanya Pooley: 2" was cut to remove Alex's second punch while on top of Des, 1" when Alex calls Tanya a "cow" for the second time, and the final 7" of the scene, where Alex exits while calling Tanya a "cow" again.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|June 1994 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →