Charlie is in hospital in Newbury after his lorry is hijacked. Derek is annoyed when Kevin refuses to sell the car for him. Kevin points out that it's a heap of junk. Bet worries about Charlie, especially when he discharges himself. Ronnie Williams takes Steve to Beverley Racecourse and teaches him how to bet and not waste money. Derek pays Nicky £5 to clean the car and is impressed by the good job he does. Bet is relieved when Charlie turns up in one piece. He fears his reputation will be ruined. Bet forces him to sleep as he's dizzy. Steve is thrilled to win £200 on one race. Denise is relieved when Ken tells her that he's not looking for a wife. He is pleased when she says that she doesn't want to throw away what they have. Jim warns Steve that he's bound to lose sometimes. Ken agrees not to tell anyone about the baby for the first three months.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Charlie Whelan - John St. Ryan
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- MVB Motors
- Beverley Racecourse
- Sarah Louise Platt (Lynsay King) and David Platt (Thomas Ormson) are both credited but don't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: The police call at the Rovers and ask Bet to help them with their enquiries.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,320,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|May 1994 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th →