Audrey wants Alf to agree to be mayor as she likes the idea of being mayoress. She asks him to take on another assistant but he refuses to pay someone else just so he can be mayor. When Monty Harris asks Steve to do a printing job, Steve gives him the official and the unofficial prices. Reg asks Mrs Rogers to withdraw his resignation and is hurt when she refuses, saying that his redundancy is already being processed. Monty agrees to let Steve print five hundred properly and the other five hundred for cash, 15% less which Steve will keep. The twins are delighted when Liz and Jim tell them that they're back together but are concerned Liz is giving up The Queens. Audrey hears about Reg's redundancy and suggests that he buys the shop. Curly hates making his workers redundant. Andy is thrilled to learn that he isn't leaving but has been accepted on the management training course. Liz hopes that she's making the right decision giving up her independence. Alma is annoyed when Mike agrees to pay for Mark's skiing trip. Kevin demands a rise from Mike; he needs the money and he's sick of working hard for no profit. Alma is furious when Mike refuses, saying times are hard. Audrey gets Alf to go on about his bad day at the shop before telling him that she's found a cash buyer for the shop.
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- MVB Print
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- TV Times synopsis: Jim celebrates his new relationship with Liz, who is led to wonder if she is doing the right thing.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,710,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 14th October 2004 was edited for timing reasons, omitting the first 27" of the final scene in the Rovers, where Curly Watts asks Martin Platt if he would make a good nurse but is reminded that he cannot stand the sight of blood. The ITV3 repeat on 6th November 2019 reinstated the cut material.
|January 1994 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →