Denise becomes unnerved by the phone calls. Elaine Fenwick refuses to be much help at work but feels guilty about taking her feud out on the staff. Jim wishes Andy luck, glad that he's still going to be around. Deirdre is overwhelmed when Tracy returns home, explaining that the lease ran out on the flat. Curly urges Elaine to stop being petty but she refuses to mellow. Alison lets Steve drive her home from work but refuses to let him into her flat. However she does promise to see him again. Denise finally snaps and shouts abuse at the mystery caller.
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Elaine Fenwick - Pippa Hinchley
- Alison Rathbone - Rachel Smith
- Jonathan Broughton - Simon Richardson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- The Queens - Living quarters
- Weatherfield General - Exterior
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Tracy has a favour to ask of Deirdre - how will she react? Why is Denise nervous about entering her own flat?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,030,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 15th September 2004 was edited for timing reasons, omitting an entire Rovers scene of 2'20" in Part Two, where Bet Gilroy tries to drum up interest in the poetry contest, Rita Sullivan recites another limerick, and Denise Osbourne informs Ken Barlow that Tracy has returned home. The ITV3 repeat on 23rd October 2019 reinstated the cut scene.
Raquel Wolstenhulme (about atomic bombs): "I mean why do men have to invent things like that anyway? Bet it weren't a woman ya know - who invented all them 'orrible cruising missiles and exercise missiles neither."
Rita Sullivan: "There once was a girl called Raquel. They called her the barmaid from hell!"
|November 1993 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th →