Bet is amazed to discover that she has to promote a brewery poetry competition. Raquel is upset to discover someone off the course is doing really well. Bet feels sorry for her. Andy gets fed up with all the workers gossiping about Amy. He writes "she's dumped me" on the canteen whiteboard. Jim gets sick of Steve treating No.11 like a pigsty and orders him to be more help. Bet is thrilled for Raquel when there's a message on the answerphone for her to model in an Armani show. Raquel is amazed. Reg realises Curly has gone above him to Bettabuy's Head Office and is furious. Reg tells Curly that one day he'll get him back. Jim plans to redecorate No.11 and is annoyed when Steve tells him they need a break so he's returning to The Queens. Jim tells him that he's selfish. Derek and Mavis decide to enter the poetry contest for the £100 prize money. Andy breaks down, wondering what he did wrong. Alma comforts him and advises him to sort it out himself. Steve finds Alison Rathbone at the hospital and gives her his phone number.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- Jim's Cafe flat - Living room/kitchen
- Bettabuy - Manager's office, shop floor, staff canteen and storeroom
- Weatherfield General - A & E department
- TV Times synopsis: Bet fears for her reputation as the brewery announces its latest gimmick. Raquel’s future looks bright.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,720,000 viewers (11th place - combined figure including repeat). This lower-than-usual rating is explained by the fact that the programme was broadcast against an England v Wales World Cup qualifier match on BBC1.
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 10th September 2004 was edited for timing reasons, omitting an entire scene of 1'28" in Part Two in 11 Coronation Street, in which Steve McDonald informs Jim that he is moving to The Queens. The ITV3 repeat on 21st October 2019 contained the same edit, and an additional cut of 1" from the middle of Reg Holdsworth and Curly Watts' row in the Bettabuy storeroom, to remove Reg calling Curly a "dateless jessie".
|November 1993 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th →