Liz celebrates her birthday, missing her family. Raquel refuses to work at the Rovers, saying that she's just back until she gets modelling jobs coming in. Andy books the register office for 26th November. Steve is stunned that Andy doesn't intend to tell Jim and Liz. Tanya thinks that Raquel is a waste of space. Vera wins £200 on a lottery ticket. She splits it fifty-fifty with Ivy as Ivy bought the ticket. Raquel buys an answerphone to make sure that she doesn't miss any work but has difficulty operating it. Curly wonders if Elaine Fenwick is his future wife and unnerves her by following her around. Maud hears her predictions came true and feels she must have a gift. She talks Bet into letting her read palms in the pub, cutting her profits with her. Tanya goes out with Des out of spite when she learns that Raquel is interested in him. Steve tells Andy that he doesn't approve of marrying in secret and refuses to be his best man.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Victoria Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Tommy Duckworth - Darryl Edwards
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Bob Cairns - Steve Halliwell
- Elaine Fenwick - Pippa Hinchley
- Registrar - Carol Copeland
- Jonathan Broughton - Simon Richardson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and front room
- Rosamund Street
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- The Queens - Living quarters
- Weatherfield Register Office - Ceremony room and foyer
- The ringleader of the group of boys letting off fireworks in the Street is uncredited, despite having lines of dialogue.
- This episode was broadcast at 9.00pm to allow for coverage of European Cup Winners' Cup football.
- TV Times synopsis: Liz faces a lonely birthday, while Vera’s luck appears to be changing.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 1st September 2004 was edited for timing reasons, omitting a scene of 19" in Part Two, in which Elaine Fenwick notices Curly Watts watching her as she deals with a customer at Bettabuy. The ITV3 repeat on 16th October 2019 reinstated the cut scene.
|November 1993 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th →