Curly realises that he'll run Bettabuy when Reg tells him that he's put in for redundancy. Maureen is upset that Maud is refusing to come to the engagement party. She asks Reg to crawl to her to change her mind. Liz is ecstatic when Richard Willmore tells her that she'll be getting her pub in days rather than weeks. Mavis pays to have the camper van removed as she can't take any more. Reg gives Maud her invitation in verse. Despite herself she is impressed and agrees to attend. Doug leaves No.6. Derek and Des are glad to see the van gone, both thinking the other removed it. Ivy tells Don her plans for the shop. He tells her that she's barmy; their lives are no longer together. She is tearful and humiliated. Bet invites Harry Potts to Reg's party. He is stunned when Stella Rigby also arrives. Maureen and Reg are amazed when Maud is all sweetness at the party. Derek is stunned when Des thanks him for moving the van and offers to pay half. Mavis admits that she moved the van. Derek is furious. Audrey tells Alf that they should accept Reg's offer. Bet and Stella tell Harry that they've uncovered his little game. They force him to buy drinks all round at the engagement party. Alf tells Reg that he can have the shop for £68,000. Reg cracks open the champagne whilst Audrey is ecstatic over being free at last.
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Doug Murray - Brian Hibbard
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 4 Coronation Street - Garden
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- TV Times synopsis: It's celebration time at the Rovers whilst Bet has revenge in mind.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,440,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 25th May 2004 was edited for timing reasons, omitting 59" from the middle of a Rovers scene in Part Two, in which Ivy Brennan explains to Don her idea of running the Corner Shop together but he dismisses it as "barmy".
|May 1993 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →