In the morning Martin is alarmed to find himself in bed with Carmel. He demands to know what she's up to but she takes everything in her stride. Percy blames himself for Alf being in hospital, certain that he's got food poisoning from the pudding. Audrey is furious to hear about Alf eating the pudding. Martin is worried about his night with Carmel as he can't remember what happened. Alf recovers in hospital. He is horrified when Audrey takes his wallet to get more Christmas presents. Carmel tells Martin that she's madly in love with him and thanks him for a wonderful night. He tells her that he wants her to leave No.8, telling her that she's mad. He accuses her of trying to break up his marriage. She tells him that she knows he loves her and advises him to tell Gail about his feelings. Curly and Des decide to spend Christmas in Blackpool rather than the Street. Carmel leaves for Christmas in Ireland. Ken entertains Maggie in his flat. She refuses to let thoughts of Mike spoil their time together.
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms, front bedroom and landing
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Rosamund Street
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- School of Nursing
- Weatherfield General - Ward and exterior
- A lecturer at the School of Nursing is uncredited, despite having a line of dialogue.
- David Platt (Thomas Ormson) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Martin wakes up with more than a bad hangover.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,360,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 10th July 2019 was edited, omitting 8" from the final scene, where Ken Barlow describes his small flat as "ideal for the single midget" while showing in Maggie Redman.
|December 1992 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →