Ivy tries to convince Don that she won't drink any more. Derek gets a job interview at the school. Mavis realises that she's going to have to make way for Rita to run The Kabin. Steve starts work in the factory unit, cleaning up ready for printing T-shirts. Reg tells Ivy that he's sick of the way she's been behaving at work. He tells her the company can't afford to carry dead wood. She promises Reg she's sorted out now. Reg tells her that he won't allow it to happen again and she's sacked. She is stunned. Curly pleads with Reg not to sack Ivy, fearing it will send her over the edge again. He urges him to show compassion. Mavis removes her manager badge. Rita promises her that they'll run the shop together and she'll maintain her salary. Derek is depressed at the thought of turning into old caretaker Percy. Reg tells Ivy she can stay on, telling her that she has Curly to thank. Ken meets Maggie Redman at a parents' meeting. She's worried about Mark's behaviour after Harry's death. Ken assures her that he'll keep an eye on him. Steve learns how to screen-print. Don is concerned at the easy way Ivy has accepted him being back. He reminds her it's only a temporary arrangement.
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- MVB Motors
- Bettabuy - Shop floor, manager's office and locker room
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridor and classroom
- Lisa Duckworth (Caroline Milmoe), Tom Duckworth (Darryl Edwards) and Deirdre Barlow (Anne Kirkbride) are credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Derek Wilton gets the chance to prove his worth by trying to land a job.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,230,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1992 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th →