Sarah Brookes thanks Rita for making Ted happy. Jack makes the ultimate sacrifice and agrees to get rid of his pigeons. He gives them to Wally Middleton. The Brookeses, Bet, the Robertses, Emily and the Wiltons attend Ted's cremation with Rita. Sarah and Philip are annoyed to discover that others knew about Ted's illness when they didn't. Jack is heartbroken without his pigeons. He is stunned when some of them fly home to the coop. He gets Vera to agree to let him keep them as they must be lucky birds. Rita refuses to cry over Ted; she's glad that she met him and shared the happiest six months of her life with him.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tom Duckworth - Darryl Edwards
- Lisa Duckworth - Caroline Milmoe
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Roger Brookes - Nigel Carrington (Credited as "Leslie Schofield")
- Sarah Brookes - Zulema Dene
- Philip Brookes - Leslie Schofield (Credited as "Nigel Carrington")
- Carmel Finnan - Catherine Cusack
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Weatherfield General - Maternity unit
- In a crediting error, Vera Duckworth (Elizabeth Dawn) is listed twice.
- TV Times synopsis: Jacko bids farewell to a major part of his life.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,480,000 viewers (2nd place).
Mavis Wilton: "I mean, time was when we'd have had to close down for a week, out of respect."
Derek Wilton: "Oh, not nowadays."
Mavis Wilton: "Oh, well, Mrs Sharples would have had something to say."
Derek Wilton: "Mrs Sharples had something to say about everything if you ask me."
Mavis Wilton: "She did."
Derek Wilton: "Anyway, Rita's decision, not ours. Or Mrs Sharples".
|September 1992 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →