Lisa's labour pains start and she does the housework between contractions. She summons Vera from work and they go into hospital together. Lisa keeps calm but Vera is a nervous wreck. Jack is glad he's found Don again and they're still mates. Carmel takes every opportunity to babysit at No.8. As Lisa isn't dilating beyond 4cm and the baby is tiring, she has a caesarean with an epidural. Vera sits with her in the theatre, taking her mind off things by chatting about her family. The residents watch Percy play Cyril Jukes at bowls. Phyllis cheers him on. Lisa gives birth to a son, she calls him Tom. Cyril beats Percy to Alf's relief. Jack and Vera become emotional at the sight of their grandson. At the bowls match, Rita finds Ted asleep on a bench but then realises he's dead. The residents come to her aid as she weeps, cradling his head in her arms.
- Lisa Duckworth - Caroline Milmoe
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Tom Duckworth - Darryl Edwards
- Ted Sullivan - William Russell
- Midwife Marie Hannity - Joanne Stoner
- Carmel Finnan - Catherine Cusack
- Mr Benson - Philip Rowlands
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, and back room
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- Weatherfield Bowling Green
- Weatherfield General - Delivery room, operating theatre and maternity ward
- Unnamed pub - Beer garden
- First appearance of Tom Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: As Lisa Duckworth goes into labour, Vera searches for Jack. Where is he?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,640,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 10th June 2019 contained the following cuts to Part Two: the last 37" from the first operating theatre scene, where Vera Duckworth informs Lisa that today is her late grandmother Lilian's birthday; the opening 13" of the following scene at the bowling green where Audrey Roberts yawns that the match is more boring than football; and the first 24" of the next scene, back in the operating theatre, where Vera tells an anecdote about Lilian's visit to a snooker hall.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|September 1992 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →