Bet and Vicky tell Alec that they don't want to move to Southampton. Ivy tells Don he should visit the church and seek help from God. Curly calls for Kimberley at the Taylors' house to take her to the Bettabuy dance. Brenda is cold towards him. Steve gets annoyed when Vicky teases him, kissing him but refusing to go any further. She gets upset when he tries to put his hand up her jumper. He accuses her of playing games. She is upset by his manner and runs off. Brenda warms to Curly when she discovers that he now has his own house. Kimberley and Curly enjoy the dance. Brendan Scott is there and he tells him that he's glad to see him taking on more responsibilities. He hints that there would be promotion for him if he were married. Curly asks Kimberley to marry him.
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Victoria Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Randolph and Brenda Taylor's house - Hallway and living room
- Wentworths Guest House - Back yard
- The Corinthian Suite - Bar
- Vera Duckworth (Elizabeth Dawn) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Curly has a hectic night when he meets Kimberley's parents once again.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,900,000 viewers (1st place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 28th November 2003 was edited for timing reasons, omitting the last 50" of the penultimate scene in Part Two, where Raquel Wolstenhulme is rude to Phyllis Pearce and Angie Freeman over the Rovers bar. The ITV3 repeat on 3rd June 2019 contained the same cut. Phyllis does not appear elsewhere in the episode.
Bet Gilroy: "Anybody who's ever worked for Annie Walker knows, there's only two types of folk in this world, them that have it and them that don't. And as she'd be the first in the queue to tell yer... I don't."
|August 1992 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →