Steve and Andy celebrate their eighteenths. They are amazed when Jim and Liz give them £200 each. Although he plans to sell his house, Ted still wants to keep the garden looking nice. He refuses to wait around to die, having his first row with Rita. Don regains consciousness and he tells Ivy that he doesn't want to talk about the accident. The doctors tell Emily that she's been suffering from depression. She is upset over the way she treated Percy. Steve is suspicious and tackles Jim over where they got the money from. Jim tells him about Liz selling her ring. Angie is annoyed when she only gets a 2:2; she wanted a 2:1. She feels it's not good enough to get a job. Paula gives Andy a backpack for his birthday. Angie faints in the Rovers, after drinking on an empty stomach. Steve tells Andy that Liz sold her ring to give them their presents.
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room and itchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Weatherfield General - Intensive Care Unit and hospital grounds
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30pm to allow for European football coverage.
- Vera Duckworth is mistakenly listed as being played by Gail Platt in the end credits.
- TV Times synopsis: The McDonald boys, Andy and Steve, celebrate their 18th birthday.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,470,000 viewers (11th place - combined figure including repeat).
Alec Gilroy (about Raquel Wolstenhulme): "She's always washing things out and hanging them up to dry, you know. She leaves her shoes where you'll fall over them. Also, I think she must be moulting - there's hairs everywhere. I opened the fridge this morning Jack, she's got her tights in there. She reckons it stops 'em laddering. And the scent... it's everywhere. Between 'er and Bet, my nasal passages are in rags... absolute rags!"
|June 1992 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th