Seeing as their parents can't afford to host a party for their eighteenths, Andy and Steve decide to hold a party at BJ's, the local disco. Tracy gives Emily her skirt to hem as she's going out and Deirdre is too busy. With Ivy away, Don takes Julie Dewhurst on a picnic. Mike has difficulty finding a best man and has to end up with Alec. Julie tells Don that he has to understand they're only mates. Alma hates the thought that Jackie thinks she broke their marriage up. She doesn't like being hated by anyone. Percy makes a meal of packing his bags. Emily tells him that she doesn't understand why he's going; he's a friend and she needs friends. She asks him to stay and he agrees. Don finds he can relax with Julie, he can't with Ivy. He kisses Julie but she stops him; she's going through it all again. Tracy is annoyed when Emily forgets her skirt. Percy tries to cover for her, saying he must have covered it up. Jim tells Liz that he can't afford to employ Steve any more. Alma calls on Jackie to make her see that she never committed adultery. Jackie tells her that Mike named her in the divorce petition, not her. She advises Alma to get away from Mike before it's too late. Alma is stunned.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 17 Elmgate Gardens - Exterior and living room
- Park Road
- Picnic location
- Final appearance of Shirin Taylor as Jackie Ingram.
- First appearance of Tracy Barlow since 6th March 1992 and last until 2nd October 1992.
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30pm to allow for European football coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Can Mike's ex-wife Jackie provide the answer to Alma's burning question?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,240,000 viewers (8th place).
|June 1992 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th →