Rita tells Curly that she'll knock £2,000 off the price of No.7. for him. He thanks her. Ted's hands feel numb so Rita takes him to a doctor. Dr Carter tells them that it's early symptoms of a tumour. Ted confesses he's been feeling ill for a week. The doctor tells Ted that he can't drive any more. Derek changes his mind at the last moment and agrees to go to the wedding. Audrey, Alf, Bet and the Wiltons gather at the register office to see Rita marry Ted. They exchange vows and rings and are married. Emily decides not to go to the wedding and looks through old photographs instead. Derek is cold towards Ted's nephew Roger Brookes at the wedding. Rita has no regrets about marrying Ted. Don calls on Julie Dewhurst again who tells him that she's seeing other men. Curly tells Jack that Reg shopped Terry.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Lisa Duckworth - Caroline Milmoe
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ted Sullivan - William Russell
- Julie Dewhurst - Su Elliot (Credited as "Su Elliott")
- Dr Carter - Eamonn Riley
- Roger Brookes - Nigel Carrington
- Sarah Brookes - Zulema Dene
- Registrar - Geoffrey Annis
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Park Road
- Julie Dewhurst's flat - Living room
- Weatherfield General - Dr Carter's office
- Weatherfield Register Office - Ceremony room, foyer and function room
- Reg Holdsworth (Ken Morley) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: The big day has arrived for Rita and Ted at Weatherfield Registry Office.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,280,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 14th October 2003 was edited for timing reasons, omitting the first 50" of the final scene in the Rovers, where Audrey Roberts chastises Curly Watts for badgering Rita Fairclough about the house sale on her wedding day, and Mike Baldwin tells Bet Gilroy that he has plans for the empty factory unit across the street. The ITV3 repeat on 10th May 2019 contained the same edit.
|June 1992 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th