Mavis fears that Derek will be too old to get a bank loan. Alec submits his expenses to Vicky's trustees. Reg contacts a rep who used to work with Ted. Curly offers Rita £20,000 for No.7. She's insulted and tells him that she won't discuss the matter with him until he offers £30,000. Henry Barnes tells Reg that Doris Sullivan died in a fishing accident, Ted tried to save her but she drowned. Alec employs Mr Lomax to carry out the refurbishments for £7,000. Percy upsets Josh Carter, a regular in the Legion, by sitting in his chair. The bank manager agrees to give Derek a loan. Reg tells Rita how Doris died. He is surprised that she already knows. When he tells her that Doris had a large life insurance she gets angry and throws him out.
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Mr Lomax - Ray Burnside
- Henry Barnes - Anthony Schaeffer (Credited as "Anthony Schaffer")
- Josh Carter - Arthur Spreckley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, kitchen and hallway
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Bettabuy - Manager's office
- British Legion - Bar
- Highbank Avenue
- Alma Sedgewick (Amanda Barrie) and Gail Platt (Helen Worth) are credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Reg Holdsworth digs into Ted Sullivan's past and uncovers a tale of tragedy, death and insurance claims.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,240,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1992 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →