Reg fears that his treatment of Vanessa Morgan will get him the sack. Vanessa thinks he's gone crazy when he suggests that she recreates the display that he previously ordered her to take down. Rita tells Bet about Ted's proposal. She is flattered but feels that Ted lacks passion. Raquel is thrilled when Des tells her that he doesn't want her to go. She tells him that she'll never leave. Rita decides to tell Ted that she can't marry him. He surprises her by whisking her into a passionate embrace.
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Manager's office and shop floor
- TV Times synopsis: All her life Rita has been involved with passionate men. Does she now need a gentleman to share the rest of her life?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,510,000 viewers (4th place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 25th August 2003 was edited for timing reasons, omitting an entire scene in 11 Coronation Street, 1'00" in length, in which Liz McDonald informs Jim that the British Legion is modifying its kitchen to comply with the new food safety act and she is being sent on a food hygiene course. The ITV3 repeat on 15th April 2019 contained the same edit. Liz and Jim do not appear elsewhere in the episode.
Rita Fairclough (discussing Ted Sullivan's marriage proposal with Bet Gilroy): "Well, I've told him I need time... Time to think about it, get it in perspective... Get me life in perspective. Do I settle for what I've got? Getting up every morning just as t'birds are clearing their throat. Working seven days a week. So whacked at night I can hardly open t'door. And for what? So some yob can smash me door down and help himself whenever he feels like it? Or do I snatch his hand off and take off to Florida with a man who seems to think the world of me?"
|March 1992 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th →