Jack takes the day off from the Rovers, with his back, to pallbear. Vanessa Morgan starts at Bettabuy as management trainee. Reg puts Curly in charge of her. Ted tries to bring Rita out of herself. Jack is horrified to see Alec at the funeral. He tries to hide from him but is spotted. He escapes through the graveyard. Olive Oaks thanks Martin for saving her life. Sister Walker suggests that he trains as a nurse. Jack runs home from St. Mary's, Alec follows him and sacks him when his muddy shoes prove his guilt. Jack begs for his job back and Alec, faced with having to do cellar work himself, agrees to take him back. Reg thinks Vanessa is a spy for Brendan, possibly even his girlfriend. Ted takes Rita for a meal. He tells her that he'd like a companion to spend his retirement with.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vanessa Morgan - Imogen Boorman
- Ted Sullivan - William Russell
- Mr Thorpe - Adrian McLoughlin
- Mrs Oaks - Olivia Jardith
- Sister Walker - Carol Noakes
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and Tracy's bedroom
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- St. Mary's Church - Interior and churchyard
- Weatherfield General - Coronary Care Unit
- Unnamed restaurant
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30pm to allow for football coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Why is Jack running across graveyards? Reg thinks he has a spy in his midst.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,130,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 10th April 2019 was edited, omitting 3" from a scene on the doorstep of No.9, where Vera Duckworth accuses Alec Gilroy of "picking on a cripple" by disbelieving Jack's back injury, and another 3" was cut from the subsequent Rovers scene where Alec reports to Bet that Jack was "cracking on to be crippled, laid up with his back."
|March 1992 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th