Derek starts making plans to become self-sufficient by converting the back garden for veg, chickens and pigs but Mavis refuses to let him. Phyllis is short of money as Raquel hasn't paid her the £5 back and complains to Audrey about her in the corner shop. She's touched when Raquel comes in and buys her chocolates as a "thank you" and gives her the fiver back. Mike comes round to the garage to have a go at Kevin but Derek butts in, asking Kevin's advice on buying a car. Reg offers to take Rita out ten-pin bowling but she hastily refuses. Ken's back goes again, whilst teaching English. Percy chides the Wiltons for eating out in the Rovers when Derek's unemployed. Alma tells Gail and Audrey that she's more determined than ever to sell up. Mike catches up with Kevin and reminds him that he's the one that committed fraud and tells him to keep Sally's mouth shut. Kevin erupts in anger at Sally for blabbing. Sue Jeffers tells Ken to rest. Reg tries to get Rita to change her mind. She asks him to leave her alone. Reg offers to consider Derek for a job if one arises. Jack reminds a depressed Vera that they've got each other. Raquel's London agency goes bust, owing her £500. She is upset as she can't pay her way but Des tells her not to worry. Terry comes back to Weatherfield from Blackpool where he is bouncer in Winkies nightclub having heard from Gordon Hastings that Vera was trying to track down Andrea. He asks Vera to forget all about the Claytons as he's got a new girlfriend and doesn't want her to know about his past. He delights Vera when he agrees to bring Lisa Horton visiting, so long as his past isn't mentioned by Jack, nor pigeons, horse-racing or pub crawls. He admits the idea to visit is Lisa's and he's dreading it himself. Derek has a sudden idea and tells Mavis they should persuade Rita to retire and they take over The Kabin together. Jack arrives home from work and Vera and Terry threaten him not to mention Terry's past when Lisa comes to visit.
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie (Credited as "Alma Sedgwick")
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Classroom
- First appearance of Terry Duckworth since 7th December 1988.
- Terry and Vera Duckworth discuss several of his past misdemeanours, including his affair with Linda Jackson (referencing a storyline that began in Episode 2720 (27th April 1987)), "that business with Mike Baldwin's car" (referencing Episode 2884 (21st November 1988)), and the occasion he broke into the corner shop (referencing Episode 2687 (31st December 1986)).
- TV Times synopsis: The rover returns, but what are his motives?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,700,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 28th July 2003, and the ITV3 repeat on 1st April 2019, were both transmitted without any edits.
|January 1992 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th|
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st →