Don sleeps on the settee. Ivy begs him to let them start again. Don doesn't think the marriage is salvageable but agrees to think about it and call back later. Alec organises a special early Christmas for Bet. The staff are alerted to his plans when he gets Betty to lay on a turkey dinner for two and sends Liz to buy perfume. Bet refuses to be of any help in the Rovers and joins Rita for lunch instead. Alec forces himself not to grumble. Don sees Ivy again but hasn't changed his mind. He thinks she only wants to stay with him so that she can hold her head up in front of the neighbours. Ivy accepts that she's taken him for granted and says she'll do anything to keep him. Mike moves into another Quays flat - No. 4 Montreal House. He gives Alma his new number but she throws it away. Don agrees to give the marriage another go when Ivy convinces him that she really wants him. She shocks him by telling him that she'd like to sell up and move as the house holds too many memories for her. Betty cooks Christmas dinner for the Gilroys. Bet refuses to eat it as it's still November. Alec tries to make Bet see that he isn't going away for pleasure and wants to build a standing for them both. Phyllis tells Des that Lynette isn't right for him as she won't want children. Bet sleeps in the spare room.
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy makes a shock decision after pressurising Don to talk about their relationship. Christmas comes but once a year, or twice if you're a Gilroy.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,600,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
Rita Fairclough (about Alec Gilroy): "E's always 'ad the knack, an't 'e, o' bein' the fourth fella when there were only three shovels."
Vera Duckworth (to Jack: "You could 'ardly play at 'ome, you, so 'ow could you manage to play away?"
|November 1991 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →