Bet takes Vicky shopping in Manchester for a new school kit. Ivy worries that Martin will adopt Nicky and Sarah Louise and they'll forget about Brian. Don tells her to leave well alone. Alma invites Ken over for dinner to repay the compliment. Kevin agrees to be Martin's best man. Liz shuts Alec up by telling him that the army offered to pay towards the twins' boarding school fees but she refused as she wanted to see them grow up. Reg tells Curly he did him a favour in stopping him going to Miles Platting as it's a graveyard. Curly produces the book of raffle tickets and threatens to give it to Brendan Scott. Alec is horrified when Bet and Vicky spend £400 on school equipment. Curly lets Reg sweat for a while before handing him the book of tickets; he'd never lower himself to his level. Gail confirms to Ivy that Martin plans to adopt the kids. Ivy vows to fight the adoption but Gail threatens to stop her from seeing the children at all. Alma cooks a meal for Ken. They laugh when Ken nearly chokes while wine tasting. Alec is sad that Vicky is returning to school. Ken and Alma grow sad together talking about their past loves. When she breaks down he comforts her.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Victoria Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Jim's Cafe
- Jim's Cafe flat - Living room/kitchen
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- Jim McDonald (Charles Lawson) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Alma finally finds a shoulder to cry on and Alec shares his feelings with Bet as he is forced to face up to the future.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,330,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 30th April 2003 was edited down for timing reasons cutting 25" from the beginning of the Rovers scene in Part One where Bet Gilroy and Vicky Arden prepare to set off on their shopping trip.
|September 1991 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th →