Jim makes No.11 tidy for Liz. Steve refuses to go to school. Deirdre tells Tracy that she can't go to France. Tracy suspected as much and so isn't bothered. Audrey boycotts the shop. Ivy covers her shift as Alf is at a council meeting. Don thinks he's taking advantage. Jim asks Andy to talk some sense into Steve, while Steve asks Andy to back him up. Andy agrees with Steve but doesn't want to get involved as Steve didn't stick up for him when he left school. Mrs Shaw's solicitor writes to PPP accusing Derek of sexual harassment and threatening him with a tribunal. Victor washes his hands of the affair and orders Derek to sort it. Derek explodes when Bet gets Betty to put parsnips in the Wiltons' hotpots. Liz returns and is impressed with the state of the house. The family don't tell her about Steve but Betty lets slip in the Rovers. Mavis assumes that Rita told Bet about the parsnips and rows with her. Rita denies the accusation and suggests that Bet got the tip from the magazine. Rita then scolds Bet for breaking her confidence before the women have a laugh at the Wiltons' expense. Steve convinces Liz that he won't achieve anything by taking his resits but Jim thinks he's taking the easy route. Jim tells Steve that he's had enough of him and tells him to leave No.11.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stephanie Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Garden
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Pendlebury Paper Products - Warehouse
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 20th February 2003 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted the opening 29" from a scene in the Corner Shop where Alf Roberts relieves Ivy Brennan.
- TV Times synopsis: Liz returns home and finds the situation isn't exactly as she left it. Derek's problems close in on him.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,540,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|May 1991 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st →