Jack thinks Vera has blown it by reporting Reg. An ally from Head Office warns Reg that his old Bettabuy enemy Brendan Scott is coming from HQ and that a letter has been received by them. Curly wants to protect Kimberley from Adrian Gosthorpe but she tells him that he's despicable and Adrian treats her with respect. Sally writes down the Websters' weekly expenditure and discovers they can't pay Terry Seymour more than £10 a week. Mike and Jackie view a house. Out of malice, Curly tells Kimberley she can't take an early lunch with Adrian. Kimberley walks out anyway. Brendan arrives in time to see Curly shouting at Kimberley and Adrian. Alma sees an advert for Jackie's house in the paper. Reg pretends he wasn't expecting Brendan. They make veiled attacks on each other. Brendan tells him they've had a complaint about him from Vera and starts his fraud investigation over the trolley-dash. The Websters write to Terry's solicitor and hope he'll see that he won't get a better offer in court. Vera is glad to hear from Rita that Reg is in trouble. Reg tells Brendan that Vera is a rumour-monger, only for Brendan to tell him that it's the latest in a long line of complaints that Head Office has received about him in the last ten years. Raquel Wolstenhulme is intrigued when Kimberley complains about Curly trying to get her into bed. Reg takes a holiday and gives Curly the keys to the store. A reluctant Curly is placed in the manager's chair by Brendan.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- David Tilsley - Thomas Ormson
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Manager's office, shop floor and storeroom
- Ingram's Textiles - Offices
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 11th December 2002 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted a scene of length 53" set in 13 Coronation Street where Sally Webster shows Kevin a list of their weekly expenditure which they decide to send to Terry Seymour's solicitor.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike contemplates entering a joint venture with Jackie. The outlook is bleak for the Websters. Curly’s future is looking rosy.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,480,000 viewers (12th place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1991 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th