Ken notices Phil's car parked outside No.1 all night and to Deirdre's horror, bursts into the house to catch him. He feels justified even after discovering that Phil isn't there, saying he has to protect Tracy. Mavis realises that possessions don't matter and plans to return home. Rita thinks she's having second thoughts when she unexpectedly returns to work. Alec feels hard done by, with Bet getting at him over the Wiltons' troubles. Tracy assures Ken that Phil didn't stay the night. He thinks Deirdre and Phil could have lied to her. Percy tackles the milkman about the break-in. The milkman thinks he's being accused of doing the deed himself and says he won't deliver to No.3 anymore. Deirdre applies for a court injunction to keep Ken out of the house; Phil just left his car behind as he was drunk. Percy tries to work out who knew the Wiltons were on holiday. Solicitor Dennis Gaskell puts Deirdre off an injunction as they don't have sufficient grounds and writes Ken a letter threatening to apply for an order if he enters the house without permission again. Mark is annoyed that he can't be alone with Jenny at No.7. Don tells Ken he drove Phil home as he was drunk. Bet thinks that Alec should offer the Wiltons compensation. Don tells him that if he bought the holiday with a credit card then the card company would give him compensation. Ken apologises to Deirdre for getting it wrong. She tells him it doesn't make any difference. Mavis can't bring herself to enter No.4 and stays with Rita for another night.
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Hallway
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridor, stairway and classroom
- Solicitors - Dennis Gaskell's office
- This episode was transmitted at 6.50pm due to allow for coverage of a UEFA football match.
- TV Times synopsis: Amateur sleuth Percy Sugden puts Emily’s daily pint in jeopardy. Derek and Rita try to coax Mavis back to normality.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,990,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|November 1990 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th