Fabric and textiles design student Angie Freeman arrives in the Street and, with Flick remaining in France with a medical student, asks Jenny to take her in. Jim looks for premises for his bike repair business. Kevin tells Sally to get dressed up to have drinks at the Rovers to celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary. Mike is pleased that Ralph Dobson is finished but is alarmed when Jackie moves into Peter Ingram's office to run the business, telling him that he persuaded her. Jenny agrees to Angie moving into No.7. Jenny hasn't prepared for her return to college and doesn't feel she's getting anything out of it. Tracy and the McDonald twins bunk off school to play the machines in Jim's Cafe. Ken tries to talk to Deirdre about Tracy in the Rovers but she doesn't let him speak, thinking he's up to his usual tricks. Sally is annoyed when Kevin doesn't get her an anniversary present. Kevin pretends to storm out because of everyone making him out to be a bad husband, before shocking Sally by bringing her outside to see the Limo Don has hired to take them to a posh restaurant in Cheshire. Jim rents one of the new viaduct arches. Mike tells Jackie that he's had another job offer.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- Archway premises - Empty business unit
- Jim's Cafe
- Sharp Lane Industrial Estate
- Ingram's Textiles - Factory floor and offices
- First appearance of Angie Freeman.
- Last appearance of Steve McDonald until 6th March 1991.
- TV Times synopsis: A new arrival in the street encourages Jenny Bradley to reassess her life. Kevin plans an anniversary surprise for Sally.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,370,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st