Curly is tired of Vera interfering in his life. He refuses to go into work, taking his due holiday. The McDonalds and Flick discover that the kids have gone and taken Jim's bike. Bet and Alec each feel betrayed by the other. Reg visits Curly at home to make it clear that Vera had nothing to do with him losing the Hartlepool job. He tells him that Head Office want him to computerise their Bettabuy branch and tells him to be back at work tomorrow. Jim refuses to inform the police as they'll throw the book at Steve for riding an untaxed bike underage. Steve and Joanne arrive at Ullswater, in the Lake District. Flick has to lie to her dad and says that they have to look after The Kabin. Jenny assures her that Joanne will get homesick and come back. Curly feels that he's had enough of Reg, the Taylors and Vera trying to run his life. Liz confides in Deirdre and breaks down with worry. Joanne wants to phone Flick to set her mind at ease but Steve tells her not to. Bet and Alec refuse to talk to each other. Kevin and Sally encourage Curly to stand up for himself. Liz discovers that Steve has taken £20 from the house. Steve and Joanne spend the night in an empty house.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Felicity Khan - Rita Wolf
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregory
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mr Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- Ullswater, Lake District
- Martin Platt (Sean Wilson) is credited but doesn't appear.
- Deirdre Barlow refers to the time Tracy went missing and turned up in Newcastle. This occurred in Episode 2562 (21st October 1985).
- TV Times synopsis: Joanne begins to doubt that her adventure with Steve is quite as romantic as it first appeared. Curly Watts has a good job, a fiancée and a bright future.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,110,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1990 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th →