Derek is agitated about moving out of The Kabin flat and feels Rita is betraying them. Alma is shocked that Mike is willing to lose money to get back at his workers. He assures her he has a long-term plan and tells her to get on Gail's good side. Emily mans a machine to help out Ivy when Marge Butler takes the day off. Audrey tries to learn more about the new neighbours from a peeved Maurice Jones. Rita promises Mavis that she won't sell up until they've found a house. Derek is pleased when Victor asks him to accompany him to Halifax on business, until he discovers he's only there as a chauffeur. He's further humiliated when Victor gives Mavis a lift. Ingram tells Ivy the travel agency has cancelled their contract with him - they've been undercut. Ivy is furious. Mike tells Alma he wants to use her flat as a machine room. Alma is against it but he wears her down. Derek thinks Victor is trying to belittle him. Just wed, Des and Steph Barnes move into No.6, already rowing over his drunkenness. Steph locks Des out when he bangs her head on the door while carrying her over the threshold.
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Stephanie Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Desmond Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Pendlebury Paper Products - Exterior
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- First appearances of Desmond "Des" Barnes and Stephanie "Steph" Barnes.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike has plans to re-establish himself, but is it at Alma’s expense? And as the residents of No 6 Coronation Street finally arrive, their neighbours wonder if things will ever be the same again.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,430,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1990 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th