Derek goes for his interview, selling beds. Liz reminds Jim that he promised to leave the army. Jim assures her that he'll be based in Manchester and there's no chance of a surprise posting somewhere else. Liz is adamant she wants the army out of their lives. Eddie Ramsden returns from France, to Tina's delight. He had to hitchhike his way to Weatherfield. Mavis goes behind Derek's back and has lunch with Victor. Alec pretends he's glad to be rid of Jamie but tells Eddie that Jamie can stay anytime. Victor tells Mavis he's found some success in the recycling business but he's never been married. Alma gives Mike £700 to pay the outworkers. Mike promises to pay her back with interest. Jim announces that his old pal Johnny Johnson is coming to stay but Liz doesn't seem too pleased at the prospect. Derek doesn't get the job. Ivy completes the bag order. Don is glad that Mike is out of their lives again. Victor offers Derek - via Mavis - a job at his recycled paper business, Pendlebury Paper Products. Derek is thrilled when Mavis tells him about the offer until he hears who it's from. He refuses to work for Victor. Mike is paid for the bags and repays Alma. He lands an order for another 5,000 travel bags.
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregory
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Adelphi public house - Interior and car park
- Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) is credited twice in error.
- The scenes with Mavis Wilton and Victor Pendlebury at the Adelphi public house were recorded on location at what is now the Old Pint Pot pub on Adelphi Street, Salford.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis has a secret rendezvous with an old flame. Ivy and Alma think their hard work has paid off but Mike has plans that could upset matters - yet again!
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,170,000 viewers (8th place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1990 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Fri 16th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →