Deirdre accepts Ken's apology. He tells her that he had to work late. Wendy Crozier suggests that she leaves the Recorder, but Ken tells her there's no need. He wants an affair with her and she is keen. Rita fears the trial. Martin goes down with mumps. Wendy decides she must leave the Recorder. Ken tells Deirdre, who is delighted.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Coronation Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Front room and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Main bedroom
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Unknown pub
- On Friday 13th October at 7.30pm, ITV broadcast a special fifteen-minute programme, Cilla on Coronation Street, to publicise the commencement of the third weekly episode which would begin one week later.
- The pub Wendy and Ken visited was the Old Pint Pot in Salford.
- TV Times synopsis: After the previous night's outburst, Martin feels that the situation with Gail can only get better. Unfortunately, fate has other plans. And Ken is asked to make the biggest sacrifice of his life.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,930,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1989 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th →