Tom Casey tells Kevin that he went too far sacking Mark. Kevin refuses to take Mark back and threatens to leave himself. Martin takes Jenny to Risley. Rita is upset that Jenny is visiting Alan. She fears that he'll turn her against her. Alan asks Jenny to get Rita to play down what happened. Kevin misses Mark's cheek and gives him the job back. Derek plans to take up jogging to help him through his pension medical. Jenny is disgusted that Alan showed no concern for her. Curly tells Shirley that he loves her and asks her to marry him. He promises to change but she tells him they're finished. He breaks down.
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Viaduct Street
- The Kabin
- Casey's Garage
- Risley Remand Centre - Exterior and visiting room
- Final appearance of Lisa Lewis as Shirley Armitage.
- Last appearance of Alan Bradley until 18th October 1989.
- TV Times synopsis: While dreams are coming true for Mavis, Rita is concerned that Jenny’s visit to Risley Remand Centre could be prolonging a nightmare. And Kevin finds himself in an impossible situation when he admits to having taken Tom Casey at his word.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 23,090,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1989 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th →