Rita returns home. Bet finds the till is up. Rita clears out Alan's things. Arthur Dabner takes Emily to an art gallery. Bet asks Jack to return to the Rovers. He tells her that he'll think about it. Jenny worries that Rita will want her to leave No.7 as she's Alan's daughter. Vera discovers Jack's eyesight is going and he's been short-changing at the Rovers. He tells her that he's falling to pieces, he's getting old. Derek tells Mavis that Arthur still sees his wife and often spends the weekend with her.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Art gallery
- TV Times synopsis: Bet is concerned that strange things have been happening in Jack’s absence.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 22,840,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
Jack Duckworth: "Me eyesight's bad. Me hair's falling out. Me teeth are going. I'm not as randy as I was. I've even got athlete's foot. I'm tellin' ya Vee, I'm crackin' up. Your old man is near enough ready for the knacker's yard."
|March 1989 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|