Martin assures Rita that Dawn Prescott was not interested in Alan. Mavis panics about the dinner party. Terrified of being caught, Rita searches Alan's office. She finds letters from the building society. Alan returns to the office but she doesn't let on about what she's found. Bet interviews barmaids. Kevin realises that he can't raise the money to buy the garage and Gail decides to sell it to Tom Casey. Derek tries hard to impress Arthur Dabner. He and Mavis are both disappointed when Arthur has little appetite and spends the evening talking to Emily. They make a date to see each other again.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Tilsley's Garage
- Weatherfield Security Systems - Shop and office
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Don Brennan (Geoff Hinsliff) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis is getting in a stew about preparations for dinner at the Wiltons and worrying that it will turn out to be another almighty flop. Rita is mulling over Dawn's serious accusations against Alan and deciding what course of action she must now take to uncover the real truth.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 25,530,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|March 1989 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →