Rita tells Mavis that Alan has left her. Someone changes Percy's painting so it reads "nosy parker". Emily orders him to get all the paint off the pavement. He refuses to believe anyone thinks of him as a nosy parker, believing it must mean Emily. He accuses Don of vandalising his notice but Don tells him that he's not bothered about what he writes. Jenny tells Alan that if he makes her choose between Rita and him, she'll choose Rita. Jack admits to Gloria that he changed Percy's sign. Alan returns for the rest of his things. Rita is distraught as she hoped he was going to return for good. She begs him to stay but he refuses and gives his keys back to her.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office
- 41 Oakwood Road - Dining room
- Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) is credited, but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: 'Sherlock' Sugden investigates when he falls victim to a phantom leg puller! And Mavis is privy to a piece of devastating news which threatens to disrupt her future plans.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,150,000 viewers (6th place).
|October 1988 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →