Alan talks Carole Burns into having a burglar alarm fitted and finds her attractive. Deirdre takes her driving test but fails it. Don's cab-driver friend Willy Murtough gives Jack his suit back, saying he left it in his car. He wants to sell it back to the shop but Vera tells him he's keeping it and taking her out for a meal. Alan flirts with Carole who encourages him. Martin doesn't like it. Deirdre accuses Ken of not giving her any help with her driving. He assures her that he'll help her in future. Percy gets the job of school crossing warden and takes possession of his lollipop. Jack is forced to go down the cellar in his new suit. The jacket is ripped on a nail. Fiona Cavanagh tells Ken that the Clarion Group is in financial trouble and Nick has disappeared.
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Carole Burns - Irene Skillington
- Examiner - Jim Marsh
- Willy Murtough - Andrew Hay
- Fiona Cavanagh - Sharon Muircroft
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office
- Unnamed residential street in Weatherfield
- 41 Oakwood Road - Exterior
- This episode was transmitted at 6.15pm due to coverage of the European Football Championship.
- TV Times synopsis: Martin Platt is enjoying his new job, but all good things come to an end, and, besides, Alan isn’t easily impressed.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,350,000 viewers (16th place).
|June 1988 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →