Mike takes Sandra Stubbs on to clean his flat. Alan talks Alec into having a burglar alarm fitted and gives him an estimate. Don offers to decorate No.5 for Ivy. Percy barricades himself inside his flat. Deirdre talks him into negotiations. Deirdre tells him that she's managed to get him a flat in Rosamund Street. Ivy tells Don that today would have been her thirty-first wedding anniversary. She tells him the memory doesn't hurt any more. Percy agrees to take the flat but it won't be ready for two months and he has to vacate the Community Centre in a week. He refuses to move into the Irwell Road flat temporarily, fearing he'll be stuck in it. He tells Deirdre he'll move in with Emily.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- Rosamund Street - OAP flats exterior
- TV Times synopsis: The street becomes a combat zone as Percy Sugden prepares for a fight to the end. And Ivy Tilsley finds that her private life is becoming a source of great public speculation.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,850,000 viewers (3rd place).
Alan Bradley: "Do you know what most women complain about these days? That there aren't enough strong men about. They want somebody to look up to and all they get is wimps. It doesn't matter how liberated they are, deep down they want the bloke to take charge."
|May 1988 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th →