Alec doesn't want a child. Bet doesn't understand how she became pregnant at her time of life. They're both frightened of the prospect of parenthood. Linda Farrell tells Gloria she's left Graham for good but is not going to chase after Mike. She confesses she's told Graham about her love for Mike. She asks Gloria to warn Mike. Betty is delighted to hear Bet is pregnant. She gives her extra hotpot. She gets satisfaction from calling Alec "Daddy". Graham and his brother confront Mike. Graham tells him that Linda has left him - he calls Mike a bastard and they beat him up.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Linda Farrell - Rosie Kerslake
- Graham Farrell - Simon Rouse
- Janet Bamford - Hope Johnstone
- Bob Statham - Michael Goldie
- Nick Cavanagh - George Irving
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, Back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Bet and Alec are having to cope with their devastating news. Meanwhile, Ken Barlow is sensing the first dangerous wind of change in his newspaper business, and Mike Baldwin should be warned to look over his shoulder - but will he get the message before Graham Farrell can catch up with him?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|March 1988 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →