Ken looks forward to complete ownership of the Recorder. Gail works in the cafe in the morning, even though she's getting married in the afternoon. Gloria feels drawn to Mike despite herself. She is surprised when Mike tells her that he admires her spirit and offers her a more permanent relationship. He gives her a key to his flat. Ivy, Alf and the children are witnesses as Brian marries Gail at the Register Office. Gail wants it to be over as soon as possible and is embarrassed when Brian gives her an eternity ring. Ken tells Bob Statham he wants to buy his 60% for £30,000. Statham tells him that he's rushed for time. He tells him that the Clarion Group has put in a higher offer. Ken is furious. Statham tells him the Clarion Group will also buy him out, at £25,000. Brian and Gail's wedding night is spoilt when Nicky is ill and has to sleep with them. Linda Farrell gets drunk and calls on Mike, upset that he's finished with her. She tells him that she needs him but she repulses him. They struggle and he shoves her to the floor. Gloria arrives in time to find Mike bending over unconscious Linda.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Weatherfield Register Office - Exterior
- Last appearance of Nicky Tilsley until 25th May 1988.
- TV Times synopsis: A big question for Gail and Brian to answer…and one that will affect their lives together. And Ken Barlow has some disappointing news coming his way, but that's nothing compared to the shock in store for Gloria when Mike Baldwin's true colours emerge.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,850,000 viewers (4th place).
|February 1988 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th →