Alec doesn't want Bet to go away on holiday with nymphomaniac Stella Rigby but refuses to leave the pub to go away with her. He refuses to let her go. She annoys him by telling all the customers Alec is being masterful and ordering her about. Alec doesn't like having his private business discussed over the bar. Pauline Lofthouse tells Gail she must be mad not to marry Brian. Gail tells her that she's not in love with Brian. Bet tells Alec he's going to have to trust her not to be unfaithful. He realises she's right. Gail realises that if she turns Brian down he'll turn sour at being rejected. She knows the children need him and doesn't want to risk losing him. Bet leaves on holiday. Gail tells Brian that she will marry him if he really wants to. He is delighted.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Sam Tindall - Tom Mennard
- Harry Ashton - Keith Marsh
- Pauline Lofthouse - Judy Hawkins (Credited as "Pauline Loftus")
- Wayne Pickles - Julian Walsh
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Ivy Tilsley (Lynne Perrie) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet and Alec are facing a marital crisis over the little matter of a belated honeymoon! And Gail has finally come to a decision about her future with Brian.
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 9th March 2018 was cut, omitting 11" from the middle of Bet and Alec Gilroy's row in Part One, where Alec suggests that Stella Rigby is a nymphomaniac.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (4th place).
Bet Gilroy (to Alec Gilroy): "I know you, your idea of a holiday would be a long weekend in Blackpool doing a round of all the summer shows. The only way I'd get you anywhere near a beach would be if somebody told you one of the donkeys could sing."
|February 1988 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th →