Brian tells Gail that he feels as if he's on trial. She doesn't want to spoil things as they're working out so well. Bet wants a honeymoon in Morocco but Alec prefers Europe. Harry Ashton's sister Muriel calls on Mavis and tells her that Harry is very wealthy. She makes it clear she doesn't like her and considers her a threat. Alec is horrified when Bet books a holiday with Stella Rigby in Morocco. Brian maintains things will be better if Gail marries him; they'd be a settled family. Gail tells him she doesn't want to upset things in case it's too fragile.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- Jim's Cafe
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley feels as if he's on trial with Gail - and he's waiting for an answer to his proposal. Meanwhile, Bet is sick of waiting for Alec to make his mind up about a holiday. And Mavis Riley is in for a shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,350,000 viewers (3rd place).
Muriel Ashton (to Mavis Riley): "My guess is you're a lot like me... life hasn't been a bowl of cherries for you either. I wouldn't blame yer for making the most of a stroke of luck, especially one coming rather late in yer life."
|February 1988 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th →