Not knowing where she is going to be working, Jack is delighted that Amy has got a job as he thinks it will get her out of his way for a bit. Derek convinces himself that Angela hasn't got a boyfriend but has been seeing her brother Donald. Jack is horrified to find Amy working at the Rovers. Derek is distraught when Mavis points out the mystery man to him whilst they're in the Rovers together; it isn't Donald. He talks Mavis into following the man in Rita's car. Hilda is dispirited and doesn't want to leave the house. She is relieved to hear the police have captured both the youths. She is upset to discover that she knows the gran of one of them. Mavis tells Derek that she followed the man and he was obviously following Derek.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King (Credited as "Lindsay King")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Sharp Lane Industrial Estate
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- First appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley since 22nd July 1987.
- TV Times synopsis: Jack has a little shock in store when he reports for work at the Rovers. And Mavis has a hard time knowing exactly who's chasing who in Derek’s life.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (joint 3rd place with Episode 2784).
|December 1987 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →