Sally considers buying No.13 when Hilda marries Tom Hopwood. Ivy is annoyed when Vera spreads it around that she's courting. Tom tells Hilda that he's moving to Formby with or without her. Don Brennan and Ivy arrange another date. She is relieved he wasn't put off her by the Duckworths. Hilda realises she misses having someone to talk to but doesn't know what to do. Alec gives Bet the Rovers as a wedding present. He tells her that it's hers to do with as she pleases and she's the boss. Hilda tells Tom she can't marry him; everything important that's ever happened to her has happened in Coronation Street and she can't leave. She is sad that he's leaving anyway and they part company.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Ann Kirkbride")
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Don Brennan - Geoffrey Hinsliff
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Ken Barlow (William Roache) and Emily Bishop (Eileen Derbyshire) are both credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: The staff at the Rovers are wondering exactly who is their boss, Ivy Tilsley's feeling as though she's given admirer Don Brennan the wrong impression…and poor Hilda is tied in knots when it comes to such a big decision.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,300,000 viewers (6th place).
|September 1987 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →