Susan reads about a house fire in the Gazette which has left a young family homeless. She sees an opportunity to get some publicity. Rita feels that Alan has a cheek when she learns from Mavis that he is going to return to Dubai and expects her to look after Jenny. She accuses Alan of taking her for granted. She tells him that she likes looking after Jenny as she makes her feel young. He apologises to her for upsetting her and is relieved when she finds the situation amusing. Susan has her photograph taken presenting the fire children with Hopscotch clothes. She gives Ken the picture and a covering article, telling him it's a human interest story. She tells him that one of the children led the family to safety through the flames. Ken is interested as the Gazette did not mention this. Rita tells Alan that she loves him but wants to keep her independence. She tells him if he doesn't return to Dubai she'd like him to move in with her at No.7. Gail is stunned when Ian Latimer arrives on her doorstep.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Unknown hotel - Residents' lounge
- This was Brian Finch's first episode as writer since Episode 1824 (10th July 1978).
- TV Times synopsis: Rita objects to being taken for granted by Alan Bradley, and Susan comes up with a scoop for The Recorder.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,700,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1987 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|