Terry is using the van so Martin can't use it. Jenny tells him she'll get Rita to lend them her car. Sally talks Hilda into holding a party on New Year's Eve, to stop Kevin going on a pub crawl with Terry. Rita isn't happy about Martin driving her car but agrees to please Jenny. Martin takes Jenny to the contest. She wins first prize. Afterwards she gets him to let her drive the car on a straight road for a thrill. She drives too fast and runs off the road. The car overturns. Jenny drags herself out but Martin is stuck inside the car.
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Unknown country lane
- Frank Henson is credited as Stunt Arranger and Sadie Eden as Stunt Double.
- TV Times synopsis: Jenny Bradley bids for success in the talent contest but ends up facing the music.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,950,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005. The version included was that which aired on Granada Plus satellite channel in 2000, which was shorter than the original version by several minutes.
|December 1986 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →