Ken and Susan have a row about their working relationship. She accuses him of ignoring the fact that she has a private life but he maintains her mind is never on her work. Susan tells Ken she can't cope with the atmosphere and resigns. Tony Marsh pushes Brian to let the whole world know that Gail was unfaithful as people are blaming him for walking out on her. Ivy worries that things are moving too quickly to stop the Tilsleys divorcing. Fearing Gail can't cope alone, Audrey stays with her. Gail is certain that Brian will return to her once he sees the baby and knows it's his. Derek tells Mavis he can't see her any more as Angela is becoming suspicious of his movements. Brian tells Ivy that he's going ahead with a divorce.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sally Seddon - Sally Whittaker
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- The Bonny Arms - Public
- Mike Baldwin (Johnny Briggs) and Gloria Todd (Sue Jenkins) are both credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Alf finds himself playing referee, while Susan Baldwin puts up a fight with Ken.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,350,000 viewers (5th place).
|August 1986 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →