Curly makes Terry see that they must give Hilda all £110 from the bureau. Ian Latimer arrives at No.5. Ivy is thrilled to see him. Gail is disturbed by the way he flirts with her. Hilda isn't bothered that she's only got £110 for the holiday as she fears that she'll be too alone in Torquay. She visits Stan's grave and tells him about the holiday. Mike agrees to stay at the Portway Hotel so Susan can get married from the flat. Ian impresses Brian with all his tales about sunny Perth. Gail tells him that she's sick of people running down Britain. Ken realises he's put Deirdre through a lot of stress so books a family holiday.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- Builder's Yard - Office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- North Cross Cemetery
- First appearance of Nicky Tilsley since 11th December 1985.
- This episode was transmitted at 6.35pm to allow for coverage of the European Cup Final.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy's Australian nephew isn't quite what she expected, nor quite what Gail would have liked. And Hilda faces up to her first holiday alone.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,900,000 viewers (2nd place).
|May 1986 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →