Ivy hears from Bert's nephew Ian Latimer who is in London visiting from Australia and wants to see her. Susan realises that nothing is going to change Ken's mind. She packs her bags and moves into Mike's flat. Hilda is delighted to hear that her bureau is valuable. She books an eight-day holiday in Torquay on the strength of it. Later, Curly and Terry are stunned when an antique dealer tells them that the bill of sale doesn't relate to the bureau and offers them £110 for it. Ken tells Deirdre he's not going to fight Susan any more. Ivy arranges for Ian to come to stay.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and front room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Loading bay
- Builder's Yard - Office and yard
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Queens Shopping Precinct
- First appearance of Ivy Tilsley since 19th March 1986 as Lynne Perrie underwent heart surgery in early 1986.
- TV Times synopsis: Confusion over history results in Terry and Curly having to give Hilda some bad news.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,400,000 viewers (7th place). This somewhat low figure in comparison to surrounding episodes is explained by this edition being transmitted on May Day Bank Holiday.
|May 1986 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →