When Jenny continues to cheek her, Rita explodes and tells her to mind her manners or else. Alan is transferred to Manchester and starts looking for digs. Gloria puts him onto the flat across the landing from her. Mike urges Susan to set a date for the wedding. Terry takes Sally on to run the office at the yard at £1 an hour. Curly thinks that it's a bad move. Sally decides to continue claiming the dole despite having this new job. Rita gets upset when Alan announces he's found a flat for him and Jenny, feeling they both can't wait to get away from her. Susan tells Ken she'd like to marry in April. He tells her that before her wedding he wants to throw a twenty-first party for her. Kevin doesn't like the idea of Sally working with Terry.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Seddon - Sally Whittaker
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Langton - Holly Chamarette
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard - Office and yard
- North Cross Park
- Jack Duckworth (William Tarmey) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Fairclough is in need of some support with foster daughter Jenny. Terry has an enterprising idea for Kevin’s girlfriend, Sally.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,900,000 viewers (3rd place).
|March 1986 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →