Ken doesn't know where Susan is but hopes she's in Newcastle. The factory boiler goes wrong and Ida decides the temperature is too low for the girls to work in. She suggests a walk-out but nobody is interested as the pubs aren't open. Mike returns from working in London to find Susan at his flat. He is forced to tell her all about his affair with Deirdre. He swears that he is not seeing her just to get back at Ken. Susan tells him it changes everything and runs off. Mike calls at No.1 demanding to see Susan. Deirdre tells him that she isn't at No.1. Don Worthington asks Jenny to give Alan a chance. She feels that he doesn't want her. Alf is annoyed when Audrey misuses the price gun. Ken is delighted to hear Mike doesn't know where Susan is. Susan returns to Mike's flat, telling him that she loves him and wants to stay with him.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Holly Chamarette
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Coronation Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Don Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin returns from London - to face awkward questions from Susan Barlow over his affair with her stepmother, Deirdre.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,600,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1986 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →