Jenny settles in at No.7 with Rita. Audrey is bored of working in the shop. She wants Alf to socialise more. Jenny's aunt, Doreen Warburton, tries to get Jenny's key off her in order to root through all her things. Jenny refuses to give it to her. Deirdre tells Susan that she's sick of hearing her talk about Mike. She tells her that her infatuation is ruining her family life. Jack refuses to pay for Terry and Curly's drinks. Ken is furious to hear that Deirdre has been to see Mike. Alf locks the shop for the first time, to have a liaison with Audrey. Ken accuses Deirdre of being jealous of Susan having an affair with Mike. Don Worthington tells Rita that Jenny's father has been found but Jenny isn't keen to see him. Deirdre begs Ken not to tell Susan about her and Mike. Ken refuses to listen and tells Susan about Mike and Deirdre. He pleads with her to stop seeing Mike; he'll wreck her life.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Tracy Langton - Holly Chamarette
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Don Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita’s young houseguest, Jenny Bradley, has a visitor of her own and sees a different side to her relatives. Ken is hurt and angry when he learns of Deirdre’s visit to Mike Baldwin.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,400,000 viewers (4th place).
Susan Barlow: “Mike and Deirdre?”
Ken Barlow: “Tried to take her from me, and he nearly did. All in the name of what he calls love. The word that springs to his lips as easily as his smile. It’s not what I call love, Susan. That’s the man that I want you to stop seeing!”
|January 1986 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →