Jack celebrates his birthday in hospital. Bet takes advantage of his situation to get rid of him from the pub. Ken tells Susan that if she sorts herself out in Newcastle, and still wants to work with him, she'd be welcome. Vera suspects that Dulcie Froggatt means more to Jack than he's letting on. Terry organises a kissogram for Jack but Vera is not amused. Susan and Deirdre make up before she returns to Newcastle. Audrey helps Alf pick new wallpaper for the flat. George accuses Ivy of messing him about when she makes excuses not to go out with him. He tells her that he's had enough of her - for good.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Frank Mills - Nigel Gregory
- Dulcie Froggatt - Marji Campi (Credited as "Margi Campi")
- Nobby Fletcher - David Boyce
- Ward Sister - Linda Jean Barry
- Nurse - Paula Kitt
- Pauline Walsh - Patricia Ford (Credited as "Patricia Ward")
- Jasmine - Elizabeth Ritson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Weatherfield General - Ward
- TV Times synopsis: On an eventful birthday for Jack Duckworth, Ken Barlow reaches an understanding with daughter Susan. Ivy Tilsley's relationship with George Wardle becomes even more difficult.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,550,000 viewers (4th place).
Susan Barlow: “I don't blame Deirdre for not wanting me. After all, I'm only her stepdaughter."
Ken Barlow: "Oh for Pete's sake! This isn't some American soap opera! She's not Joan Collins! She's my wife! And your friend! Probably the best friend you'll ever have. I mean it."
|November 1985 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →